Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Truth Behind the Hank & Evie BSE Question...

This was sent to Urban Myths by the person that asked the question...

I have met Keith before during a Meet & Greet, but this was my first Back Stage Experience. The "experience" was different, but I must say I can't choose one as being better. I was hopeful he would choose me to ask a question, as I had a good one. Many had wondered – who were Hank and Evie? I recall the day he thanked the pair – "I'd like to than Hank and Evie out there tonight."

So there he was – Keith Urban – standing right in front of me; damn him for being so good looking. My hand was raised and mine was the last question of the night. I looked him in the eye to get a truthful reply and asked, "WHO……..are Hank and Evie?" "That's a good question," he said. Then he looked away from my eyes and paused, hesitated. At the time I felt surely he was making something up. Maybe however, he was wondering if he wanted to be truthful and divulge something so private; I don't know. But if these were their 'pet names' why would he share that when he won't even share what he last cooked for dinner? He was still pausing and hesitating, and finally said something like, "Hank and Evie were code names my wife and I had when we were first dating. We'd use them in e-mails and such so no one would know, so, Hank and Evie are us." He finally looked back at me, and smiled. Damn him again. He was adorable. But was he lying?

Here's the thing I always wondered…..if Hank and Evie were them, and he was standing on that stage with an award in his hand, why would he thank "Hank and Evie who are out there?" Why wouldn't he just thank Evie? Hank wasn't "out there", he was on the stage (if in fact he is really Hank). And if they were such a "couple", why wouldn't Evie have been there with him that night? That always seemed odd to me. "They" always seem odd to me though, so who knows?

I was recently "featured" in an article about Keith Urban. It was stated, "Urban recently revealed during a pre-concert fan question-and-answer session that in the early days of their relationship Kidman referred to him as Hank, and he to her as Evie." I was that fan. I am now famous! Everyone is going to want my autograph. Andrew Morton will want to write my biography. I am sure he'll include a photo of the pet goat I had as a child (no kidding). I'll wear a see-through dress (with a flesh colored girdle underneath). I am having my boobs done soon so Jamie can take my picture for the cover. In my case, I don't need a "job" – just a lift. (Unlike Nicole Kidman, I have birthed many children.) But, they will be even. I will gain royalties which of course will be split with Urban Myths, as this is where I was "discovered". Maybe I'll even be able to buy the farm!

Someone recently said that the new clothing line should have been called Skank and Stevie - Skank, well that's an obvious choice, but Stevie? That's after our friend, Stevie Wonder because Keith is blinded by Nicole Kidman's forehead.

16 comments:

doublewide said...

thank you for finally telling your story.....bravo bravo! and it really should be skank and stevie....keith is as blind as a bat. sadly, his hindsight might one day be regretfully 20/20.

maclen said...

When I did a google search on the names to see if there was any info on it, I did find a message board at CMT , someone mentioned that they were in fact code names, and not pet names... which would make alot more sense really. Its not really about any personal reason, that may in fact not even, as urban myth mentioned ,even about kidman. It certainly doesnt fit into this relationhship that they would even be that endearing about it, because, for them nothing is personal, it's all jsut about business... and publicity. At this point, who knows, it could be about someone else and urban... or it could just be about a very unimaginative pr hack of urban's who actually came up with the names for the label, and urban is jsut actually clueless about it. And then, as I'm beginning to suspect, this expansion of the label right now may be a public display for urban, who is beginning to long for those early days, when they were very secretive and hid the relationship, and today he wishes he could go back to being someone else, like this "hank," and that kidman was somebody else...anybody else... maybe someone called "evie"... well, sorry man, but you bought the cow...

realitycheck said...

If he thanked just Evie people would assume he's dating someone named Evie. So he used both names to throw people off the track.

cricket said...

He would be a hell of a lot better off if he would have been dating someone named Evie.

euterpe said...

It would make sense that they were code names, especially when traveling. I can't see them booking hotel suites or restaurant reservations under their own names.

notachance said...

I just don't get the thanking of Hank & Evie, but then Keith has done some pretty strange stuff in accepting awards before.

btw - what award show was this at? That's how much I pay attention to this stuff.

don't believe the lies said...

Thanks for sharing your side with us. It doesn't surprise me that celebrities use an alias to check into hotels or whatever. It's just weird that he thanked them both. This threw attetnion to them. He had to have known that someone was going to ask him about it.

JapHal said...

Skank is right!!!!!!

maclen said...

don't believe the lies said...
"Thanks for sharing your side with us. It doesn't surprise me that celebrities use an alias to check into hotels or whatever. It's just weird that he thanked them both. This threw attetnion to them. He had to have known that someone was going to ask him about it."

Well obviously, dbtl, that was the intention of publicly mentioning them, knowing that a fan would surely be interested in knowing who they are, and then asking at a Q&A. And the fact that these "unknown" people, in his explaination, is actually supposed to be he and kidman... (and is now even confounding their devoted followers as to why he would be revealing "secret code names")... Well, the answer seems pretty simple actually... to try and use personal info to promote a gaudy and flimsy merchandising line of tshirts and baubles and keychains and coffee mugs...

maclen said...

So last night I notice a piece about the underwood and Co. first show online at usatoday... how the first show was a sellout!.. (sure, with only a 7600+ capacity, a old world marionette puppet show would probably sell out). Well, you get a few comments about the show, but no mention of kidman being anywhere around the joint. And lo and behold, a new set of photo ops of kidman standing on the streets of aussieland, pictured as friends feel her "baby bump". She made sure to call the paps, and then called a few "friends," to meet her at such and such street, for the perfect shots, as you know, the lighting has to be just right. Well I guess that answers the question if she would go on tour with urban or not. And boy, arent a few of the monkeys at monkeyland becoming very testy at other commenters, who have the audacity to ask if kidman is with urban, or if she ever will be on tour with urban, because that is what she said last year. Well, no monkeys, she probably wont be, she is too busy right now, posing for those scary oh so intrusive paps in the streets of Oz.

banbotox said...

maclen...Seriously?
I'm not surprised about that photo op. This has been dubbed the "Paparazzi Pregnancy" and she is holding up her part of the bargain. Once again she proves that money does not buy class...

biteme said...

I never figured she would actually join hin on tour. I think everyone saw that a mile away

CJ said...

I bet most Monkeys are thrilled she is NOT out on tour with him.

KUsnob said...

Has anyone looked at their recent tour shirts (if anyone has purchased one?) Well, I managed to take a look at mine tonight. And guess what? I own a Hank and Evie shirt? Who knew.

The funny part is. I bought it 1. because it didn't have his face plasted ALL over the place & 2. it was $20 instead of the $35-$50 for the other shitty tour shirts they were offering. Now it didn't cover the tour dates that I would normally enjoy but since I had already purchased one from the first leg and like I had posted that Betsy hadn't changed them for the 2nd leg I just decided I'd buy this great comfy shirt and save $20.
It's the Property of Keith Urban 2007 in case anyone else is wondering.

However, Carson had mentioned he HATED these style of shirts because he didn't like the way they felt! Funny because of ALL the concert shirts I've ever owned, these are the best!

For the record, I never wear them in public anymore, I always use them as pjs.

ShutUpAndSing said...

I can't wear a shirt with his face on it either. I do love the feel of the Property of KU shirt. Much better than the feel of the other shirts. And I did notice when I bought it, it said Hank and Evie. Thought it was strange.

Why did they need to have secret names when they emailed each other? That doesn't make sense..like so many things with them.

And, of coure, we had to have a photo op of skank and her belly in OZ..people were talking about Keith and his muic..How very dare they. Don't they know it' all about her???

MatonGuitar said...

Of course Hank and Evie could be
"code names" for a couple that does NOT include Nicole Kidman... or didn't until he had to cover his ass-- again. Retribution is his indiscretion taunting him with every piece of Hank and Evie merchandise sold....

just a thought.