It’s okay to be here, really. Apparently this blog was mentioned in the fan message board on the official Keith Urban web site, “Monkeyville”. Come on in and read the blogs! There are so many to choose from and all are entertaining, but let’s set the record straight about a few things. Please read the following and remember them and then we shouldn't have any problems.
1. This blog isn't written by one person. Someone mentioned “he” as the author while describing this blog. While there might be a “he” writing one or two of the blogs, for the most part this blog is written by women. Many women, not just one or two. This bugs some of our critics because they want us to sign our work. The problem with doing that is that when you see a specific author it becomes so much easier to dismiss what they are saying by strapping baggage on the author. An example: let’s say Amanda signs her blog, then someone in the comment sections says, “Well, what do expect from Amanda? We all know what her agenda is…”, and the message gets lost.
2. No comment is ever deleted by the administrator in the comments section. The only way a comment is deleted is by the author. As much as everyone wants to jump on the “there is no free expression on any Keith Urban related site”, here at Urban Myths, that is just not true. Express all you want. There isn't a Luke/Foxy/Amber like moderator here.
3. There is a basic belief here that Nicole Kidman has ruined Keith Urban's life. Well yes and no. Keith does a fine job of screwing up on his own and he chose to be publicly connected to Kidman, but many feel Keith had no clue what the botoxed wonder was going to do him and his career. Where do we find our evidence about that? One word: rehab.
4. This isn't a gossip site. There are far better ones out there. We do talk about what is in the news and sometimes what we reckon the answers are may be based on some gossip. But this isn't the place to find out what kind of underwear Keith Urban wears. While some may know, that is not what we do here.
5. People do read this site and some take it seriously. Sorry, but this site is read and interpreted. Some feel that it is a safe place that isn't full of photo ops and engineered writing. How can we say that? Because we have learned to spot Kidman’s self-promotion and manipulation.
6. While you may worship Nicole Kidman and especially Keith Urban, we don't. Keith is a gifted performer. He was on his way to the top until Kidman took up with him. Then we have seen that he was in a train wreck. But for many of us we already knew he was just a guy, imperfect with warts, who was ruthless and ambitious. Some felt he was sincere but for many he isn't anymore.
7. We know that one day this marriage and relationship will end. How? Who knows, but it will.
8. Nicole Kidman is a vain, manipulative, insecure famewhore who is incapable of interest in anything or anyone other than herself. Her career is in free fall and she is using her fictional personal life to bolster her ego even if it destroys her children, parents, sister and husband.
9. No one here wishes any harm to our critics or Keith and Nicole. It would be great if she just went away, but since she is here for the time being, we are here to watch everything unravel. As for our critics, we don't understand the devotion or the misinformation unless you are paid to present them, but you exist and we won't deny it.
10. While some of our critics are paid to post, no one here is making any profit by writing what we do. So go back and read and if you want, and please comment. We want and encourage the feedback. No one will erase your words. We promise.